Done, Finished, Lessons Learned

Thankfully, I have learned to not take my knitting too seriously, or I think it might be upsetting. Here are the things I am happy about: I love the yarn - LOVE it! I love the contrasting ribbing and buttonbands, love the yellow buttons on the white buttonbands. However, knitting is just like life - in order to succeed you need to learn from your mistakes. Here's what I learned not to do next time around:

Lesson 1 - When calculating buttonhole placement, don't forget to account for neckline ribbing. I figured it would need 6 buttons including neckline, but when calculating the placement, I forgot to include the neckline in the total figure, so instead, ended up with 7 buttonholes. This sent me in a button frenzy because I only had 6 buttons and bought the last of them at the store. Thankfully, my friend was able to find some at another store. After all this was said and done, I think 7 buttons were too many. Six would have been much better spacing - maybe even 5 would have done nicely. Oh well!


Lesson 2 - Do not expect 13 lb 3 oz newborn baby to fit in Size 6 months sweater.
That said, dh's office just gave me a belated gift for baby - a gift certificate at a LYS - how cool is that?! Woohoo!! Maybe I'll make another one, but this time, hopefully one that will fit PLUS some growing room.

Jodi  – (4/27/2006 6:24 PM)  

Love the sweater. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to make a sweater, only to rip it out! I finally have given up!

Jodi

Brandie  – (4/27/2006 9:15 PM)  

The sweater is very cute!! Love it!!
Enjoy the gift certificate ... very jealous!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP