Sirdar Vest


My latest project is Sirdar Pattern 3155. Suggested yarn is Snuggly DK, but since this will be a summer vest for my baby, I have chosen a cool cotton by Elsebeth Lavold - Cotton Patine 100% cotton in the Honey colorway. It's knitting about 22 stitches over 4 inches on 4.0 mm needles. I really like the way this cotton knits up. I love the earth-tone color instead of cutesy light-blue.

I noticed when shopping for infant boy clothes that 90% of the clothes are in light blue color scheme. How predictable and boring is that when there are so many other colors from which to choose?


Brandie  – (3/28/2006 8:46 PM)  

Hey, I just bought a vest pattern for mt babyboy! I was thinking a nice yellow for spring =)
And since I'm on boy #1, I'm loving all the blue! A nice break from the pink I'm used to ;-)

Home's Jewels  – (3/28/2006 9:17 PM)  

I guess when you have 4 boys in a row it gets really old!

Roberta  – (3/30/2006 10:14 PM)  

Hiya!
I saw your comment at A Sparrow's Nest and although I often visit you, It's been awhile since I told you so. I love your knitting projects. And the baby on the pattern really looks like one of yours.
I crochet, simple things, knitting scares me a bit. It looks so complicated, what do you think in comparison to crochet?
Blessings~
Roberta :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP