We have a Guest Blogger

NOTE: This is written by Pearly - 14-yr old - assigned by her mean homeschooling mom

Last night as my mom and I were looking up a recipe for chicken pot pie at Allrecipes.com, I noticed a recipe that they were advertising on their front page: MUDDY BUDDIES!!!! I had these for my first time at a violin ensemble a few years ago and I absolutely LOVED them!! They're made out of Corn Chex (Rice Chex would be really good too), peanut butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and powdered sugar. So when I saw the recipe, I asked my mom to print it out and my dad got the ingredients at the store on his way home from work. They are very easy to make and taste delicious!! I guess it's just the crunch of the Corn Chex combined with the flavor of the chocolate chips and peanut butter that makes them so good. Although it was very tempting to demolish them all last night, I decided I would save them and bring them to a volleyball game at PSU that I'm going to with my dad and volleyball team today!!

I took some pictures of them today and asked my mom to post them on Allrecipes.com.



So........YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THESE!!! THEY ARE THE BEST SNACK IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!! Oh, by the way, they are very, and I repeat very addicting!!! :)

Ok, Jewel's "the mom" comments :

So, this morning, Pearly came up to me and told me I needed to upload her pictures on allrecipes.com. Allrecipes.com is a great place to find recipes - you can search by ingredient, read reviews, see pictures, upload your own finished meals/snacks, etc. All good fun for a mom who likes to cook. So, I obliged and uploaded the pics on Allrecipes.com and thought that it might be fun to post the recipes ond pictures here on my blog. Being a very practical homeschooling mom, I decided to assign Pearly the job of writing about the recipe. I am "the" teacher. I get to assign whatever I want. This is not a traditional school. I get to see what my kids are interested in and base their writing assignments around that using whatever media I choose. They don't have to be at a desk sitting up straight using No. 2 pencils. They can be like my eldest daughter who did some of her schoolwork beneath the baby grand piano (same child who also hid reading books in the bathroom and spent extra time doing her "business" - hahahaha Hannah, you're outed).

So anyway, I thought this would be a cool assignment and I'm glad you could be a part of it. And now if you will excuse me while I proofread her work above.

Anonymous –   – (11/15/2008 4:38 PM)  

We love these too, and call them PUPPY CHOW in our family. For many years it has been a tradition for my mom and all the grandkids to make them the "first night" of our family beach week every year. They never last until morning! Great post!

The Wenzel Family  – (11/16/2008 9:31 AM)  

Lol, we have a bowl of that stuff in our fridge right now! We call it Puppy Chow.

Anonymous –   – (11/16/2008 12:17 PM)  

We call this recipe "People Puppy Chow" and it's fantastic! It's fun and easy to make and oh so good to eat!!

Ames Family  – (11/17/2008 7:03 PM)  

Great Idea! I know a 15 year old girl who should do this assignment too!

We love muddy buddies here also! Never heard it called Puppy Chow!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP