Whoa Nelly, Actual Knitting Content!



At family camp, I started a new toe-up pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm using the 5-stitch beaded rib pattern. After 3 times trying to figure all of the wrap around stuff with after the provisional cast on (finally conquered - woohoo!), I finally turned the page and followed the Easy Toe directions and that worked well. I think I need to FROG because they are too narrow. After reading about toe-up socks, it seems like there are a lot of people who like Judy Becker's Magic Cast-On method. I think I'll try this method next. There are 2 youtube videos that I found particularly helpful. Cat Bordhi's commentary will either leave you smiling or turning down the volume. Whether you like her commentary or not, the visual is very helpful. The other video was slightly different method (you wrap yarn around needle rather than make needle wrap around yarn, if that makes sense) and with less verbage. Take your pick. Youtube is so great for visual learners!

Size 0 needles, magic loop, 60 stitches about 10 st/inch.
Yarn = GGH Marathon Colorway 1314
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP