Never a Spare Moment

Here's the thing about having a garden. When the produce is ready, you have to pick it and deal with it. One more day, and these vegies would have been too big. Look at all of those green burns. And do you see those purple beans? They grow purple on the vine and then when cooked, they turn green and taste exactly like green beans. I love them all. I'm going to saute green beans in a little olive oil with some garlic and onions for lunch. Oh yum. Can't wait.

And see this 2-qt measuring cup of blackberries (Oregon's native weed)? Orange Boy said in his most pleading voice: "If I get enough blackberries, can you please make us a pie today?" How can I resist that? Of course he picked just the amount needed - 8 cups for a large pie. Now you know how I'll be spending most of the rest of the day. Have fun!
Posted by Picasa

Tina  – (8/09/2008 8:03 AM)  

I have never seen a purple bean before. Awesome!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP