Table Runner













This is the table runner my daughter (19-yr old) made me, but it still needs to be quilted and binded. I have always loved Dresden plate. This is a nice variation. My daughter and I were in the Thimbleberries club at a local quilt shop a couple years ago. On impulse, we bought all the kits for the year. Turns out, there were a few projects that we didn't care for, so she used that fabric to make a design that worked for her. She put the whole thing together without a pattern.


I hadn't taught her how to applique, so she figured out her own way to sew the Dresden plate to the backing. I love the look of the stitches and the colors she chose altogether. She picked these colors so the table runner could be used for any season. I love it. I can't wait to be able to use it.

Linda B  – (6/04/2006 4:09 PM)  

The table runner is beautiful! I wish I had time to quilt in addition to the other kinds of sewing I do. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to doing when my kids are grown!

Jodi  – (6/04/2006 4:53 PM)  

WoW!! What an awesome job she did without a pattern!! I would love to learn how to quilt, but don't have the time or the patience!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP