Today's Agenda

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

I spent just a few minutes picking these in the garden this morning. Our goal was to grow enough tomatoes/peppers to make lots of salsa. This very large bowl is just the beginnings of what is left in the garden. We are going to be busy. (I don't know how the ingredients got hyperlinked and can't figure out how to take the underlines out on Blogger - sorry!)

Here's the recipe I use:
8 cups tomatoes, peeled,chopped and drained
2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups green peppers
1 cup jalapeno peppers, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons pepper
1/8 cup canning salt

1/3 cup sugar (I use less)
1/3 cup vinegar

1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste

Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for 10 min.
Seal in jars and cook in hot water bath for 10 min.

couragetocreatewriteandlove  – (9/20/2006 11:50 AM)  

We are serious cooks and I absolutely love to preserve. So far I have pesto, plums, all kind of salsas, marinada, relish, etc. Thank you for sharing with us your recipe. Please keep posting about it, Preserving is my favorite hobby. And gardening, too.

Tammy  – (9/22/2006 5:05 PM)  

I love to put up food, but haven't tried salsa. I'm working on applesauce this weekend. I inadvertently thought I had 20 pound boxes instead they were 45 pound boxes so we have almost 100 pounds of apples to do. Any good recipes?

I like your blog, am a homeschooling mom myself and live in Aloha.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP