Getting in the Mood

I have seriously been neglecting my knitting. There were a few projects that were put aside because of stumbling blocks - infant vest (better hurry up on that one with my baby growing so fast) and an infant girl sweater.

Pearly's volleyball season has just started, so I'll be able to take some knitting along to the games. I have been so itching to knit. I think socks are calling my name.

I recently found this sweater. I began knitting it probably 8 years ago using a 50s pattern book. The pattern suggested crocheting the button bands. I did not like that at all, so they were knit instead. I'm still not pleased with the tension on the buttonbands and the buttons are a little small for the button holes, so I may redo it, but it's nice to see a baby actually wearing something that was put in a basket for so many years. And - it still has growing room - yeah!

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Not the greatest pic, but you get the idea of the sweater. And meet my 1st baby who loves his pacifier. Five of my babies were long-term finger/thumb suckers and one sucked a blanket. This little guy is hooked on his paci. I wish we could keep it to just sleeping time, but he seems to have such a strong sucking need. Don't ask me how many pacifiers we've bought now. I swear they have feet.

Tammy  – (9/22/2006 7:53 PM)  

Beautiful sweater, on a beautiful baby!! Both of my babies were pacifier lovers as well. I think we finally had to wean the youngest from it when she was 4 or so. It was hard, but that sucking urge was strong!!

Have a good weekend.

Ana Petrova  – (9/24/2006 4:13 AM)  

The sweater is lovely but the baby is adorable! What a beautiful family you have!

Brandie  – (9/25/2006 7:06 PM)  

It is so cute! I think I might have to bribe you to send me a copy of that pattern LOL!
And yes, our pacifiers have feet too ... we can't keep them for more than a few days before it's lost and we are searching high and low for a couple!

couragetocreatewriteandlove  – (9/27/2006 9:39 AM)  

I love knitting, too! And you do a wonderful job!

Jodi  – (9/27/2006 12:42 PM)  

That sweater is gorgeous!!! That is something I still want to try and accomplish!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP