Simplicity 4076


I sewed this top Saturday night (Simplicity 4076). It took about 2 hours from start to finish.The 3 inches added to the bodice was definitely needed! This is a great pattern with a number of variations. It will be very well used by the time I'm done with it. In fact, I better trace it on better pattern material so the tissue won't get trashed.

It's made of a cotton/lycra knit. I lengthened the sleeves about 1/2 inch and mine sure turned out more flouncy than the pic. I guess it's okay.
If you click on this picture, you can see the double row coverstitching around the sleeve hem and neckline. I love my new coverstitch machine!

And yes, I really am that tall - see the doorway behind me? I think it's a short door frame as I never have to duck in doorways. This is the vacant house next door. The developer who bought the property hasn't done a thing with it. Last week, I took some senior pictures for a friend's son and had never noticed the "barn door" look of the back door. It makes a great background for taking pictures of people who are of "normal" height - HA! Oh well!

Tammy  – (4/26/2009 8:44 PM)  

That is a really cute top!! Do you buy that special paper to put in for the lengthening? I haven't yet, so I don't know where to get it. I know you are in my area, so if you do use it, where do you get it from? :)

IrinaBohemianDance  – (4/30/2009 3:16 AM)  

Very nice this top!I love it!

congrats!

irina

Tina  – (4/30/2009 8:45 AM)  

Two hours....that's great...:)

Nice pictures of you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP