Sweater for Caboose





I'm working on a sweater. This free pattern is here: Child's Aran Pullover.
It's a very easy pattern to follow except now looking at it, I think I messed up on the left cable. Hmm, do I leave it or fix it? What would you do? (Nevermind - I fixed it. It would have bugged me every time I looked at it.)

I'm using gorgeous Dream in Color Classy yarn in the Nightwatch colorway, on Size 7/8 needles for a Child's Size 8 (yes, for my THREE yr old). I'm hoping he's swimming in it for a couple yrs of wear. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this Dream in Classy yarn. It feels so good and the subtle color changes are gorgeous.

I'm hoping to get away this weekend to a ladies retreat. A dear friend invited me at the last minute and I so need the time away. My brain has been overwhelmed with the thoughts of a possible pending layoff (we find out in a couple weeks) and I keep going back and forth on what am I doing spending $$ on a ladies retreat when my husband may soon be out of a job. Maybe it's hormones, but today the tears just keep coming. After speaking to my friend today, she reminded me that as homeschooling mothers, we do not get time away from our job. It is never ending. And there is a price to pay for mental sanity and it might be better to pay this extra $$ to be refreshed mentally and spiritually and trust God to work out the rest. I think there is wisdom in that.

Well, I guess this post got a little personal.

Tammy  – (2/17/2009 8:58 PM)  

DIC Classy is a nice yarn for sweaters. I've also used it for prayer shawls.

I am sorry to hear about the possible job lay off. I will keep it in my prayers. Hugs to you. I hope you do go to the retreat, as homeschooling moms we are on 24/7 and do need a recharge just about this time of year!!

Tina  – (2/18/2009 4:18 AM)  

I have always said that the only way a mom ever gets a vacation, is to declare one. That has to be even more true for a homeschooling mom!

I hope you have a good weekend away. Of course, I also hope the job news is not bad after all....

The blue you are using looks amazing!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP