My 16-day old iMac has a worm!!! Do I have the only Mac with a worm?




This picture was taken almost 2 hrs before the bottom two pictures. (Click to enlarge . . . if you dare.)

After 12 years of putting up with a piece-of-junk-virus-ridden PC, my beloved husband surprised me with a new iMac for Christmas. I was happy beyond belief - - - that is until today, 16 days later, when it had a worm. Not just any computer-virus-type-worm, but a live one. It was moving across the entire screen as I typed.

I tried to explain the situation to my very tired husband before his nap and he thought I was pulling a practical joke on him - playing some sort of program that fakes a "worm" across the screen. I was not/am not.

This real worm/bug thing is behind my computer screen INSIDE my computer. For a while, I had updated my status about the worm and he was moving right under the letters as I typed - talk about creepy. I cannot wipe my screen off to get rid of him. A science teacher friend of mine said perhaps a microscopic egg was on a part during assembly. EWWWWWW.

I'm pretty sure he is dead, but he is definitely there and it feels weird to see "him" over there on the side of my screen as I'm even typing this!


Now I need to figure out what to do next. Any ideas?

Su  – (1/10/2010 7:28 PM)  

How?? What?
I've never.....
Can you exchange it? Lol... wonder what customer service will say?

Jodi  – (1/11/2010 2:28 PM)  

Wow! I would see if you could exchange it!

Ames Family  – (1/18/2010 6:56 PM)  

stephen says take it back and have the bug extracted!

Kel  – (1/19/2010 10:33 AM)  

oooooh! that is sooo weird. I would definitely contact Mac, maybe there is a prize for the one person in the world who got the Mac with the worm :)

OH and I'm back! Finally got back to blogging today! It's time :) Come see me!

Tina  – (1/27/2010 3:22 PM)  

So what did you do about it?

Jenny  – (3/03/2010 7:26 AM)  

Yikes! Gross! I'd definitely take it back. My relatively new MacBook has a crack in the screen, but that's due to my 2-year-old who tried (and failed) to carry it to the sofa like Mommy does.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP