Cream Puffs

I got in the mood to make cream puffs the other day. The first time, I used a recipe from allrecipes.com. The "puffs" were small and collapsed after they cooled down. I knew there was a better way. The next time, I used the same recipe, but followed Marjorie Standish's directions from my Cooking Down East cookbook given to me by my dear friend Jan in Maine. Mrs. Standish's recipe had me split the recipe into 12 cream puffs and cook them for 50 minutes instead of the 20 minutes I had previously cooked them. These made glorious looking puffs which held their shape beautifully after baking.

I followed Marjorie's cream filling recipe and liked it okay, but next time added a heaping spoon full of real whipped cream. And now we have the perfect winner. This will definitely be a great dessert to make for company. Both the cream filling and puffs can be made ahead of time, just split and fill before serving.

shizzknits  – (2/13/2008 10:35 PM)  

Ok, that's not fair...those look too good! Wanna mail me some? :)

Anonymous –   – (2/15/2008 2:03 PM)  

You should describe the events surrounding making the cream puffs - I love hearing about boy's eyes lighting up at the prospect of good food!

~Your daughter

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP