Finished Baby Sweater!


Finally - a finished project! I am on a roll finishing unfinished projects. This was one I started 3-1/2 yrs ago. It is Sirdar 3959 size 12 mos.


There were a couple of new skills I learned with this sweater. First was intarsia - working different balls of yarn and twisting the yarns behind the work to avoid holes. This is a bit challenging as it causes the yarn to get twisted. I'm still need to refine this skill. You can see the result of twisting on the inside of the sweater (where the yellow and pink yarns stay put neatly in the blue section).


Ok, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was never taught how to seam a sweater and I have made quite a few sweaters since learning how to knit in 1992! I have been sewing for years, and so when a pattern said to "seam" the pieces, I assumed you put right sides together just like sewing. I never could figure out how people got flat seams! After purchasing some great reference books: The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques, by Nancy Wiseman and The Knitter's Companion, by Vicki Square, I have now figured out how to have nice seams. I am so pleased with this side seam!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP