Burp Cloths



I had a baby shower to go to for two lovely mamas from church. I ran across this online tutorial for making burp cloths. I've only used white cloth diapers for burp cloths and after making these, I have to say I almost had an itch to have another baby. They are adorable and so easy to make.

The instructions have you cutting out the fabric and then washing. I think it is better to prewash the fabric first so you don't have to deal with all of the frayed ends on each piece. I was able to easily get 6 burp clothes from 2 one-yard pieces. If using a rotary cutter (by far the easiest way), make the 17-inch cuts going lengthwise (parallel with the selvage edges) and the 11-inch cuts going horizontally from once side of the selvage edge to the other. This will be my new standby for baby shower gifts. It is so simple and practical.

MushyWear  – (11/07/2010 10:29 AM)  

Such a perfect use of two yards of fabric. Very cute!

Dawn  – (11/12/2010 4:21 PM)  

I've been making these, too. Using some of the leftover flannel that is in the stash....and tracing one that my DiL is using for my granddaughter.

Nice gifts.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP