Kwik Sew 2694






This top is so great. I used an interlock knit from JoAnn's. I am normally not impressed with their selection, but when I saw this, I snagged it. I have other plans for this top pattern - maybe a tunic with leggings for summer? Maybe I'm too old at 45 for that look. What do you think?

Here are the fine details: Pay attention to the length on this top - this is an older pattern that was drafted when shorter tops were in style. Also, the sleeve seems to be tighter than most patterns.

Great pattern instructions.

Pattern modifications: added 1 inch to waist, FIVE inches to bottom of bodice tapering out to a large at the hips. Widened sleeves. Took a tuck form the front neckline = SBA.



Ironed fusible webbing around neckline and for all hems. Coverstitched around neckline and hems.

Very easy pattern pattern. I will definitely make it again.


The new online sewing forum is growing - over 1,000 members now: Check it out: mysewingcircle.com

Jeannie  – (4/25/2010 5:33 PM)  

I like it! The new sewing circle has got me wanting to make clothes again.

Anonymous –   – (4/26/2010 8:11 PM)  

The top is really nice and flatters you. I love the pattern and plan on purchasing it myself. Thanks for the tips.

Eileensews  – (5/27/2010 6:33 AM)  

My sister and I both love this pattern as well.
Your dress and top look great!

Tina  – (5/29/2010 7:46 AM)  

Sewing is not my area, but I have to comment here anyway. You look beautiful in this picture!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP