New Look 6735

New Look 6735



Closeup of the coverstitching around neckline

New Look 6735

I love this pattern. To sew something that fits (after minor alterations) is a joy.

This is actually a top and skirt, but doesn't it look like a dress? This was made from a wonderful rayon lycra knit. This is the perfect kind of clothes to throw in a suitcase for a trip. Even if you put it in a wad, the wrinkles will be gone within minutes - plus, it is lightweight. This is so comfortable, I could sleep in it.


Tonya  – (6/08/2009 6:20 AM)  

I am so impressed with all of the sewing you have been doing for yourself lately. All of it looks so professionally done! I think this one is my favorite, I just love the print and the fit on you. I am still nervous with knits, do you sew it all on your coverstitch machine, or do you use your sewing machine too?

Home's Jewels  – (6/08/2009 10:23 AM)  

Tonya - I seamed this with my serger and used the coverstitch machine for the hems. Try doing a google search for comparison between serger and coverstitch. I used to think they were the same thing - they aren't.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP