Idle Fingers? I think NOT!

My 7-yr old son has been caught in the knitting craze. Yesterday, while the older kids and dh went skiing, he begged me to teach him how to knit. It was such a precious time together. I first showed him how to hold the left hand needle, but he wanted to do both, but it was a bit too much for him to handle. Then I decided to hold the left-hand needle and have him do the right-hand needle for a couple rows. He caught on quickly and took back the left-hand needle so he could do it all by himself. I was hoping to get a few things on my to-do list done, but with the constant interruption of, "can you fix this, please?", "can you help me, please", how could I resist? Now as I am typing, he and his 10-yr old sister are busy knitting nothing in particular, but what sweetness sits on that couch!

Talk about making a mom smile!


Love those cute 7-yr old hands! Again he's been knitting off and on today. He tells me that he's done for the day, but then comes back and picks it up again. He told me now why he knows why I knit - because it's fun! I love this boy!



7-yr old boy knitting

Brandie  – (1/29/2005 7:37 PM)  

Aww ... how cute! I hope he has fun with his knitting! =)

Carolyn  – (1/30/2005 2:17 PM)  

That is so sweet! It reminds me of when my son (now 23) wanted to make some needlepoint plastic canvas ornaments. I still use them on the tree every year and cherish them.

Maggie Ann  – (2/08/2005 1:09 PM)  

Good for your son...again, I remember the relaxed days when our son tried cross-stitch and knitting too I believe. I've read articles in magazines where in some elementary schools, whole classes, girls and boys, sit on the floor in the hallways knitting away. Don't you just love to hear things like that!

Ana Petrova  – (8/18/2005 6:17 PM)  

I love him too, you have a great family. 55 years ago when I was 7 my uncle thought me how to knit. And when my son was about that age he too wanted to try it and learned how to knit. He is a young man now and does not knit much but if he had to he would know how.

Happy Knitting,

ana
Venice Beach, California

http://bananaknits.blogspot.com/
And my favorite charity
http://www.stitchesfromtheheart.org/

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP