Just a Little Giddy Right Now

I just ordered this baby:
Do you know what it's like to go to EVERY clothing store at the mall looking for pants or tops and not finding ONE that fits - no exaggeration. Do you know what it's like to go to a tall shop and pay four times the amount for clothes just because it almost fits and then the quality is not good? I am SOOOOO over it. This is the machine I've been needing. I have a sewing machine. I have a serger. But even with those 2 machines, I've never been able to make certain knit clothes (I adore knits) without having it look like it was made at home. Not good.

This machine makes that double seam that you see on t-shirts, hemlines, etc, on practically all knitwear. Go ahead - look at the knit clothing you are wearing and see what I'm talking about. For once in my life, I'm going to have loungewear that is not "cropped". I figure it will pay for itself in 5 garments made.

PS - Whenever you see a very tall gal with cropped pants on - just smile at her thanking her for inventing that cool style. Those are probably normal pants, just cropped on her :)

PSS - BOO-HISS to Eddie Bauer who decided that it's okay to change the inseam for Tall pants to 35 inches from 36 inches. Every INCH of fabric counts when you are my height.

PSSS - Please do not complain about having to hem all of your pants or offer to give me your leftovers for my pants. Cuffs from your pants do not look good and there is no option for us tall galls who can't find anything. At least you have something to wear.

PSSSS - Rant over - lol.

Heidi  – (10/27/2008 12:02 PM)  

I feel your pain. I'm typically on the fence between regular and tall sizes--regular being too short, tall being too long. I can never find the kind of pre-distressed jeans that wouldn't be ruined by adjusting the hems.

I finally took a pile of clothes to a professional tailor the other day, after waiting almost four years to get around to having a better machine and doing them myself. I realized that it's much cheaper to pay a tailor than to just keep buying more clothes that fit!

rachel  – (10/28/2008 4:15 AM)  

What a great machine...I am happy for you!

I have all of your tall clothing issues as well. I completely understand...this post made me laugh!

Tonya  – (10/28/2008 6:13 AM)  

very cool looking machine! I can imagine how hard it is to find pants long enough when you are really tall. I am only 5'4", so I usually have to hem my pants, but at least I can fix them. Like you said, you can't exactly add fabric without it looking stupid. I am so happy for you that you can make your own clothes now and they will look professional : )

You wanna laugh? My dh is 5'10" tall, but his inseam is 30"! LOLOLOL Yes, his legs are VERY short.

tab  – (10/28/2008 6:35 AM)  

stitchesandseams.blogspot.com/ has some really good tutorials on coverstitching. Enjoy your machine. I've been wanting one of these for awhile now!

shizzknits  – (10/28/2008 8:01 AM)  

yay for the new toy!!! No matter if you're tall or short, the clothes just don't seem to fit, do they? :)

heather@it'stwinsanity  – (11/02/2008 9:55 AM)  

I don't have it quite as bad as you but I can relate! I cn only wear pants that have a 36" inseam. I'm only 5'10" but I still have a really hard time finding clothes that fit. I can buy pants at the tall shop but not shirts because my torso is freakishly short. I have never atempted making pants (for myself)yet though.

Oh, and after all this time I've been reading your blog and admiring the gorgeous scenery in OR I am finally going to get to see it myself. We are moving to WA next year!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP