Redheads

I am a redhead. The only other redhead in my family was my great-grandmother. So I really did not have high expectations for having my own redheads. I actually prayed for redheaded babies. Yes, I was teased as a child. The most common tease that I thought was hilarious was "carrot top". Well, anyone knows that the top of a carrot is green! Thankfully, the positive comments far outnumbered the negative comments and the teasing had no lasting effect on me. I feel very blessed to have three redheads: eldest daughter and these 2 cuties. Orange boy has pretty straight hair, but Bunny, our eldest daughter, and I have natural curls or wavy hair. I've heard some rumors that redheads will be going extinct. At least we've done our part in helping squelch that rumor for the time being :)

Shelly  – (7/08/2008 6:06 AM)  

I think red hair is beautiful. I've always wanted red hair, and once went so far as to dye my hair red.

Anonymous –   – (7/08/2008 6:42 AM)  

That's so funny = I have red hair, my mom had red hair, my grandma had red hair, 2 of my aunts had red hair - and my kids? All mousy brown, not a redhead in the bunch. I was a little glad, just because I hated being a redhead when I was young, but I love it now.

Anonymous –   – (7/08/2008 8:57 AM)  

My best friend growing up had the most beautiful red hair! She hated it then, but she loves it now! Wow - it's amazing how much your daughter looks like you!

Anonymous –   – (7/08/2008 10:12 AM)  

Thanks for letting me know about your blog!

I wish I had red hair like my two red-headed daughters.

Tina  – (7/08/2008 4:19 PM)  

I love these pictures....especially yours! My husband and I don't have red hair, but some members of our families do. I hoped that we would have a baby with red hair, since it is on both sides of the family. Apparently I didn't pray as hard as you did!

Anonymous –   – (7/09/2008 7:38 AM)  

I always used the carrot top bit myself..like nice comment carrot tops are green..now go away and leave me alone!! I also went through a face where I insisted my hair was orange!

Dawn  – (7/09/2008 1:59 PM)  

I am such a pushover for redheads!
I was surprised when my first was a redhead...and #3 as well...
My dad had red hair..but I was never expecting any of my own.
From what I have read, it is a recessive gene that must be present on both sides.

GO RED!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP